Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Mother's Day

My mother's day was pretty good. Yesterday Brandon gave me a bracelet, it's one of those rubbery ones, it says courage on it and it's different colors of brown and white. I love it, it matches most of my clothes that I wear, lol. Then Brandon & Kevin took me to Birmingham to the thrift stores. I found 2 carebears that I didn't have, everytime I go to that one store they usually have carebears that I don't have so I've been buying them and collecting them. I also got some books. Then we went to the other thrift store and I got some books there also. I had a nice time. It was a bit disappointing driving all that way, there wasn't very many books to choose from. The first store had very few, the other store had a little more but a lot of their books were in bad condition, nasty, bent up or tore up. But I did get 11 or 12 that I kept and then some that I posted on book mooch to trade.

Today we got up early and went to Kevin's mom's house. We cooked her and Lisa breakfast. We ate and talked and had a really nice time. We hung out there for a few hours. Then we left and I called my mom, I had already given her her gift. I got her 8 Dean Koontz books that she didn't have. Then we went to Wal-Mart and got a few things that we needed. We looked in the garden section for pond liners but they didn't have any. We came home and I had to lay down for awhile, I was so sleepy and felt bad. My sister came up to visit while she was visiting Daddy. It was nice seeing her, we looked at books and flowers. Then after they left, Kevin helped me, well he done most of the work, lol. He made a flower bed around my mimosa tree. I planted some caladiums and freesias around the tree. I hope it turns out pretty!! I have to go tomorrow and get some potting soil to finish filling it up with dirt. We need to make 2 more, one around my Japanese Tulip tree and one around my Dogwood tree. I still have at least 9 calla lilies to plant, 3 of 3 different colors. Not sure how we'll do the other 2 flower beds, but the area around the dogwood tree is hard to mow around so we'll probably make it kinda big so it can have rounded edges and I'll probably plants my calla lilies in it and most likely won't plant anything with the tulip tree. I can't wait til we get them done and everything comes up!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a really nice Mother's Day! I sure hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete